The Hollow

Just an old man and his thoughts/feelings about having survived child abuse. I'm just one voice of many who are survivors.

Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

I tend to be reclusive, hate crowds, can't stand loud noise, and talk too much once I know and trust you. I have a 'New Yorker' attitude and accent. Love Jewish and Italian food. I'm Hebrew when convenient and Buddhist when serious. I am INTP. See http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

Sunday, April 03, 2005

An Oprah Moment

Wow. It has been one hell-of-a-good week. An “I can’t believe it” week. A college professor with a PhD from a university known for its Social Work curriculum (that’s BSW, MSW, and PhD) and provides on-site classes for State social workers, is having my memoir, “Hollow in the Woods,” as required reading as part of the curriculum. He is also sending a copy of the book with his recommendation to the Deans of College of Social Work at two other universities.

If that wasn’t good enough, I learned a local judge has read my memoir and recommended the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) personnel read my memoir during his meeting with them. In the United States, more than 500,000 children are in foster care because they cannot safely live with their families. Nearly 70,000 National CASA volunteers serve approximately 280,000 of those abused or neglected children every year.

Somewhere out there is a young child in Child Protective Services that will benefit because a social worker or a CASA member read my memoir and did right by the child. That one child will fulfill my dream.

And that is an Oprah moment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

That's really big.
Congragulations!!!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger morisbrooks3043 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

11:15 PM  
Blogger mikejackson6030 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

5:38 AM  
Blogger tandyammons6068242104 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caralluma

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman Address Labels

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Low Income Senior Housing

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home