The Hollow

Just an old man and his thoughts/feelings about having survived child abuse. I'm just one voice of many who are survivors.

Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

I tend to be reclusive, hate crowds, can't stand loud noise, and talk too much once I know and trust you. I have a 'New Yorker' attitude and accent. Love Jewish and Italian food. I'm Hebrew when convenient and Buddhist when serious. I am INTP. See http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I hate this - having to create titles

While reading other's blogs I realized I don't have major problems--nay--not even minor--at least none worthy of being written. I'm 72. I had a terrible childhood. One of foster homes and shelters and severe abuse. All of which ended when I joined the US Army in the summer of 1950. Since then, I've had a good life. Maybe better than most. Old age brings physical problems but none at this time that limits my life beyond I can't run. I've had open heart surgery, my abdominal aorta replaced, and I suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulminary Disease (COPD). I'm still above ground and enjoying it. What more could I want?

I also know not to give advice based on my life's experiences or as an observer of other's life experiences.

Anyway, this is a good start.
Have a good day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning
Great site. I love the way that you write. You have given me things to ponder.
Sincerely,
MW

6:40 AM  
Blogger da old one said...

Thank you. As it develops, I hope it helps people.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home